Colorado Marriage Licences
Colorado Marriage Licence Requirements:
You will need...
      ::  Fee: $30 total - cash is recommended
      ::  Both parties 18 years of age or over (ages 16 and 17 with court order only due to the passing of HB19-1316)
      ::  Both parties must apply in person to the County Clerk & Recorder's office*
      ::  Both parties must supply Social Security Numbers (or affidavit if no SSN)
      ::  Acceptable forms for proof of identity and age: 
            driver's licence, passport, military ID, or state issued ID card 
      ::  Details and proof of dissolution of a prior marriage or union must be provided to the Clerk.
Many county offices now have the marriage licence applications available online, which can be filled out prior to visiting the county clerk's office.
      ::  Licence may be used for 35 days from date of issue
      ::  Licence may be used anywhere within Colorado
      ::  Licence may NOT be used outside the state of Colorado
      ::  Licence must be returned to issuing county within 63 days of being filled out
*Due to Covid19, you must schedule your appointment either by phone or online prior to visiting the county clerk's office. Please visit your preferred county clerk's website for instructions.
There are three types of ceremonies that are legal in Colorado:
      ::  Religious: A marriage solemnized by a religious officiant or Indian Nation or Tribe.
      ::  Civil: A marriage solemnized by a judge of the court, a court magistrate, a retired judge of the court, or a public official whose powers include solemnization of a marriage.
      ::  Self-solemnization: A marriage may be solemnized by the parties to the marriage.
ALL ceremonies conducted by a third party (i.e. not the couple) must be performed by an entity legally described to perform religious or civil ceremonies.
Solemnization and registration of marriages - proxy marriage. (1) A marriage
may be solemnized by a judge of a court, by a court magistrate, by a retired judge of a court, by a
public official whose powers include solemnization of marriages, by the parties to the marriage, or
in accordance with any mode of solemnization recognized by any religious denomination or Indian
nation or tribe. Either the person solemnizing the marriage or, if no individual acting alone
solemnized the marriage, a party to the marriage shall complete the marriage certificate form and
forward it to the county clerk and recorder within sixty-three days after the solemnization.
"Thank you isn't enough - you were amazing! We had so much fun planning for our wedding and when we thought our ceremony would be a pretty boring (like everyone elses [sic]) part of our day you proved us wrong. Our ceremony was way more than we expected!" 
Kelly & Dan
Colorado County Clerk & Recorders:
Adams | Alamosa | Arapahoe | Archuleta | Baca | Bent | Boulder |  Broomfield | Chaffee | Cheyenne | Clear Creek | Conejos | Costilla | Crowley | Custer | Delta | Denver | Dolores | Douglas | Eagle | Elbert | El Paso | Fremont | Garfield | Gilpin | Grand | Gunnison | Hinsdale | HuerfanoJackson | Jefferson | Kiowa | Kit Carson | Lake | La Plata | Larimer | Las Animas | Lincoln | Logan | Mesa | Mineral | Moffat | Montezuma | Montrose | Morgan | Otero | Ouray | Park | Phillips | Pitkin | Prowers | Pueblo | Rio Blanco | Rio Grande | Routt | Saguache | San Juan | San Miguel | Sedgwick | Summit | Teller | Washington | Weld | Yuma
After The Honeymoon
TIP:     Order extra certified copies of your marriage certificate for agencies that require originals before allowing you to change your name on documents, such as the Department of Motor Vehicles.
      ::  Request a new Social Security card or cards reflecting the name change. Call the Social Security Administration at (800) 772-1213 to obtain forms and instructions.
      ::  Make an appointment to visit the Department of Motor Vehicles for a new driver's licence. Ask in advance which documents you'll need to bring in order to certify the validity of your name change.
      ::  Obtain and complete a Passport Amendment/Validation Application. Send this along with appropriate fees, your current passport(s), and a certified documentation of your name change (such as a certified copy of a marriage certificate or court papers) to the nearest passport agency.
      ::  Change the name on your bank account(s) and request new debit and credit cards, and also contact any credit bureaus with your new name.
      ::  Order replacements for checks, business cards, credit cards, investments and other documents that contain your old name.
      ::  Call employers and schools (if you are a student) to let them know your new name, and ask them to change it in their records.
      ::  Change your name on your car registration, with your insurance (health, auto, home or renters', disability and life) and mortgage companies, and with your frequent-flier programs.
      ::  Contact the post office, utility companies, and registrar of voters.
      ::  Advise your gym, library, membership organisations, and others of your new name.
      ::  Make the announcement to friends and family (ideally to your in-laws first), using stationery or thank-you cards with your new name printed on them, or order name-change cards designed for such an occasion.
Favourite Professionals
"Thank you so much for creating such a perfect ceremony! Craig and I loved every second of it and it couldn't have been more perfect and suitable for us. You have a great personality and we are so happy you were a part of our special day! Thanks again!" 
Tiffany & Craig
Preferred Professionals:
Here are some of the wonderful wedding professionals I love....
Wedding Planners & Month-Of Coordinators
Platinum Elegance Weddings & Events
Dotting The i - Planning & Signage 

April O'Hare Photography
Brooke Summer Photography 

Bloom Event Designs

The Eisenhower Chapel at Lowry - Denver, CO
Three Trees Chapel - Littleton, CO

Wedding & Event Sitters By Charity
Splendor For Your Guests - Shawl & umbrella rental
D'Vine Wine Denver- Custom wine & labels
Adventures In Dance- Dance classes


Moments Notice Company - Live music & bands
Randy Arent - Bagpiper
Michael Lancaster - Bagpiper & guitarist
Party Singers - Live singers & bands

Inticate Icings 
The Makery - GF available
A Cake Come True - GF available
Kim & Jake's Cakes - Gluten Free

A New Taste Sensation - Chocolate & more fountains
Chocolate Lab - Hand crafted truffles
Paciugo - Gelato cart
Piece, Love & Chocolate - GF available 
Oh Hey Hi Custom Cookies - Custom cookies

Platinum Bridal
Bella Bridesmaid - Bridesmaids' dresses

D'Lola Couture - Custom gowns
Denver Dressmakers - Custom wedding suits
The Wedding Seamstress - Alterations & custom gowns

Makeup By Heather B
Hayley Styles - Hair styling
Jaded Beauty - Hair & make up
Bronze And Beautiful - Make up & spray tan

Denver Tux
The Bespoke Edge - Custom shirts & suits
Machete & Sons - Handmade tailcoats & suits

The Shutter Bus - VW Bus Photo Booth

Sweet Zion Paperie
Pretty Writing - Exquisite handwritten calligraphy

Allwell Rents
Linen Hero - Chair covers & linens
Seated Elegance- Chair covers & sashes
BBJ Linen - Table linens - custom available

The Establishment at Bradburn Village - Westminster, CO
The Ranch Country Club - Westminster, CO
The Chateaux at Fox Meadows - Broomfield, CO
The Briarwood Inn - Golden, CO
Rembrandt Yard- Boulder, CO
The Lyons Farmette - Lyons, CO
blanc - Denver, CO
Skylight Denver- Denver, CO 
Moss - Denver, CO
The Brown Palace - Denver, CO
Villa Parker - Parker, CO
Dunafon Castle - Idledale, CO
Sanctuary Golf Course - Sedalia, CO
Spruce Mountain Ranch - Larkspur, CO
"We can't say enough thanks for the wonderful ceremony you gave us. We loved everything! All our guests are still telling us how fun the ceremony was and they loved your accent too!" 
Jen & Brad

You may also like

Back to Top